YES! Another nomination! I’ve been getting nominations for multiple awards and I really am so grateful for these bloggers who find my blog worth it. Thank you Erika @ Erika the Bibliophile for nominating me with the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Lovely readers, if you haven’t followed Erika yet then I suggest that you do now. Go check her awesome and fun blog. You will enjoy reading the stuff she posts especially about books 😀
These are the five rules to follow:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten blogs.
1. Did you have a book that meant a lot to you as a child?
I love it so much ❤
2. Is there any author or book that you collect and will always welcome multiple editions of the same title?
3. Say that you find yourself judging a book by its cover (not that we ever do that!); what sort of covers do you go for? Are there any that are an absolute turn off?
Well, I tend to buy books with stunning and intriguing covers 😀 I like book covers that speak to me what the story could be about. Something that could tickle me with curiosity. But I also go for book covers that are just beautiful to be displayed on my bookshelf HAHA Like this:
What I hate to see on book covers are closed-up faces or people doing a pose like it’s for a magazine cover. I understand if it they show something relevant to the story afterwards but if it doesn’t seem to convey anything at all then why? But it doesn’t mean I hate the book or I don’t read it if it has this kind of cover because I do. I mean I read and enjoyed The Delirium series even with these covers. 😀
4. If you could pick any imaginary animal to bring home to Mom with an earnest, “Can we keep him??”, what animal would it be?
I really think my mom won’t approve because I’d probably be picking one of Hagrid’s babies! 😀
I mean wouldn’t it be cool and awesome and badass to have a dragon?? I know it would be illegal and stuff but come on!
5. Is there any book to movie adaptation that you simply refuse to watch? No way, no how, you’re not even giving them the opportunity to mess it up?
Hmm…. I think none so far. Yes I get nervous and scared that they’ll mess it up and won’t do justice on it but who wouldn’t want to see the characters you like come to life? I couldn’t refuse to feed my curiousity! That would be torture so I just prepare myself for the regret if ever it turns out bad. Also it usually takes me months to be ready to watch a movie adaptation of a book I love. So yeah, I just wait a little longer but I don’t refuse to watch it.
6. What is the most unusual book you’ve ever read? (Plot, writing style, chapter layout, etc?)
It is a beautiful childhood memoir written in a free form of poetry.
7. Is there any book or series that you’ve read that is so totally outside of your normal genre, but you loved it and would recommend it to others as a “take a risk!” type of book?
Aand that would be a romance book! I pick Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern. Well, yeah it was recommended to me by a friend last year and I finally decided to read it earlier this year. So you see, it was me who took the risk! I loved it, it was both fun and frustrating but I love it and I recommended it to friends of mine. Only thing is, it isn’t a risk to them because most of my friends don’t bother to read romance novels so they kind of devoured this book instantly after I recommended it.
8. Do you have any bookish collections, or anything you covet and hope to someday collect? Candles, artwork, bookcases?
I collect bookmarks but I’ve always wanted to collect candles and bookcases. So someday I’d get into that.
9. What book has been on your TBR pile the longest, but you just can’t convince yourself to pick it up?
10. You get a $500 gift card for all things bookish – do you run to your nearest bookstore and spend like a fiend? Or do you create pro/con lists (a la Rory Gilmore) to make sure you get just the right & perfect & wonderful bookish things? Or are you eyeing a particularly expensive bookcase somewhere?
A $500 gift card for all bookish things? Hmm… let’s face it, the last thing a book lover will have when given a $500 gift card would be rationality! I think I’d be off to a bookshop the moment I get my hands on this gift card.
So you see, I don’t need a pro/con list 😉
- What time of the day do you spend most time reading?
- Where is your favorite reading spot?
- What book are willing to sacrifice? (THROW:___ BURN:___ DROWN:___)
- What genre do you refuse to read and will never ever read?
- What book made you want to visit the place or country where it was set?
- What was the book that made you believe you wouldn’t like it but you actually did?
- Is there any not-so-bookish thing on your bookshelf? What is it?
- If you were to choose a dystopian world to live in for one week, what world would you choose?
- If you woke up one day in a body of an author? which author would you want to be and what would you do?
- What is important to you in a book? (plot, writing, character…etc)
The Nominees (these are blogs I recently discovered so I have 15 nominees):
- Alicia @ Caffeine and Books
- Arlene @ Dreams And Escapes
- Anna @ A Wondrous Bookshelf
- Between Pages
- Bhramori @ thecrazyperfectionist
- Chelsy @ chelsontheshelf
- Clumsy Katie Reads Books
- Dannie Mae
- For The Love of Fictional Worlds
- Gemma @ Books Are the Quietest Friends
- Lynsey @ Read Rest Relax
- Mezzalillys Teen Book Reviews
- Tasha @ Head in the Clouds, Heart in the Books
So that’s it, I hope you all enjoyed reading it. And to the nominees I hope you find time to do this award even if you already did it. 😀 Have a nice day ahead and God bless :*