I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by What She’s Reading. You should definitely check out her blog, she writes all this amazing stuff about books so if you are not yet following her go do it! 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
1. I graduated last year with a BS in Biology and it is the biggest dream of mine to proceed and study medicine.
2. I have an American first name, a Chinese last name but I am a more Filipino.
3. I studied piano when I was in grade school for only 2 years and I am not so good at it.
4. I am relatively tall for a Filipino woman.
5. I love to wear a watch and if i don’t i feel like I’m naked.
6. I am a NBSB (no boyfriend since birth) girl. HAHA
7. I studied in a Christian school during my elementary and high school years but I am Roman Catholic. I mean it does not matter right? We believe in the same God.
8. I don’t actually like the course BS Biology but since I got accepted in the University of the Philippines (something like a premier state university and its cheaper (they say) blah blah) my parents decided I should grab the chance.
9. I have a younger sister who studies BS in Medical Technology, the course I have been wanting to study instead of Biology. But anyways, no regrets I learned to love biology with the help of the most amazing and awesome people I met. .
10. I live in an island province somewhere in the Visayas Region of the Philippines and so that is why I am obsessed with the beach.
11. The only sport I think I can say I’m good at because it’s the only thing I play is ping-pong. BUT I am not really really good HAHA.
1. What book do you wish people would just stop talking about?
That would be Twilight. I mean, I have enjoyed twilight during my high-school years, I may not be a huge fan but I’m not going to be a hypocrite here and say I didn’t have fun. Soo I just wish people would stop talking bad stuff about it. It is time to let go and stop comparing it to other books. I mean if you don’t like it, then okay get another book to read. Just don’t ruin and say bad things about a book someone might love.
2. What author (living or dead) do you wish you could meet?
This one’s obvious it would J.K. Rowling. I mean who wouldn’t right??
3. If you could only read one series for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Excluding Harry Potter)
I think that would be the Chronicles of Narnia. Ever since I opened it and I have been dying to live in its world. That would be perfect.
4. What is your reading pet peeve? (Something authors do that you hate?
I think when it becomes unnecessarily slow-paced just because the author describes something unnecessary to the story like preparing a juice.
5. What book reminds you the most of your childhood?
That would definitely be Harry Potter. It’s just that every time I open it and smell the pages its like I am instantly back to that moment when I was a kid and would just stay in that little corner of my bed and my mom would just do all the mommy stuff just so id be comfortable.
6. If you could live in any book world, what would it be? (Again, excluding Harry Potter)
Again, NARNIA ❤
7. What book would you recommend to a non-reader?
This is quite tricky. i mean it depends on the kind of person they are. but i think there would be two books that popped into my head and that is To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
8. What book-to-movie (or TV) was the greatest disappointment for you?
Percy Jackson & the Olympians. I just love the book so much that i was greatly disappointed with how the movie turned out.
9. What was the last book to make you cry?
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer. I think you guys must have noticed how currently I am obsessed with this book.
10. Where is your favorite reading spot?
11. What do you love most about reading?
It is my sweetest escape. I love that moment when I open the book and as I move further along its pages I would just realize I have entered a different world like a better reality. Also, it makes me understand life and people.
LauraJane of Once upon a bookshelf
Erika of Erika the Bibliophile
1. What fictional character would you choose to become your bestfriend?
2. What fictional character would you date?
3. If you were given a chance to visit a fantasy world only if you defeat the infamous villain that lives in there, what world would you choose?
4. Who would be the author you would want to become friends with?
5. What book do you think have so much hype when it shouldn’t have been?
6. If you were stuck in cave for a month what book would you want to have?
7. If you were given a chance by an author to write one chapter in her book, what book would that be and who would be that author?
8. What book would you say had the greatest influence on your reading?
9. What would be that unforgivable thing a person who borrowed your book should not do?
10. What book made you think deep and change even a little of your perspective in life?
11. Why are you into reading?